The adage says, “A stitch in time saves nine.” In hot weather, an ounce of protection can save you a lot of discomforts. But how can you get an idea that your AC needs repair? Do you wait till the air conditioner stops pumping chilly air? It’s typically too late by then. Check out these indicators that your air conditioner is failing to keep you and your family cool and comfortable –
1. High Energy Bills
- If you are noticing a rise in the electricity bills, this is a sign that your air conditioner is consuming more electricity in cooling the house.
- Homeowners can compare their monthly energy costs to obtain a more precise understanding.
2. Warm Air
- You may have a serious problem if your air conditioner starts to emit warm air instead of chilly air.
- It’s possible that the refrigerant has run out, and the machine can no longer cool the air. It’s best to be cautious because it could suggest an issue with the machine’s compressor.
3. Unpleasant Odor
- If you notice a burning or musty odor near your air conditioner, pay immediate attention to it.
- A burning smell signals a wiring or electrical issue that requires immediate professional attention or risk triggering a fire.
- A musty odor, on the other hand, could indicate that mold has developed within the ducts. If not handled properly, this can lead to serious health issues like breathing problems.
4. Leakage Around The AC Unit
- A refrigerant leak could be the cause of watermarks around the air conditioner. Check for wetness around the unit regularly.
- Breathing in the air contaminated by refrigerant leaks is dangerous and can cause breathing problems.
5. Unusual Or Rattling Noise
- When your air conditioner is making a rattling or grinding sound, it’s a sign that something is wrong.
- It means that the machine parts are not working properly and your air conditioner is starting to break down. Call AC repair in Los Angeles to schedule a service.
6. Insufficient Airflow
- A variety of causes, including blocked or dirty filters, might produce poor airflow from the machine.
- Experts recommend changing filters every three to four months to improve the quality and amount of airflow. If you live in an area prone to dust and dirt, you should change the filter every month.
- Inadequate airflow can potentially indicate a problem with the motor. If the problem stays after changing the filter, you should seek professional assistance like air conditioning repair in Los Angeles.
7. The Air Conditioner’s Age
- An air conditioner can be used for around 10-15 years before it is replaced completely.
- Even with the most modern technologies, parts will eventually wear out due to use.
You now have a better notion of what to look for in your search. The easiest way to be comfortable in the impending hot weather is to look for these indications before it’s too late to set up routine inspections and maintenance. Call 818-240-1737 or 877-7AIRPRO.